Popular Posts

Friday, October 14, 2011

Beckwith on Obama's illiberalism

I have been drawn into the discussion over NAR and C. Peter Wagner and I hope I am making a constructive contribution to it, but I am also finding time to read a bit on President Obama and key debates over his administration. In that regard I want to draw attention to a particularly strong piece by Francis Beckwith on a topic I touched on in a recent blog: the president's decision on guidelines related most signficiantly to Catholic health care providers. Beckwith has done what I love to see conservatives do on religions freedom questions--judged Obama has own liberal standards and statements. His whole argument is here. I continue to hope the president will change his policy on this issue, but as of now Beckwith's is a strong challenge to the president's actions presented in a fair and civil way.

No comments:

Post a Comment