The staggering numbers surrounding AIDS in Africa can leave us numb and paralyzed to act, but a new program under development by my good friend Todd Thomas offers a clear way for us to get involved and make a positive difference. Todd, building on his years of service in Africa, has begun a new nonprofit called Change Crowd. As he describes it, "Change Crowd will be a nonprofit that purchases and delivers antiretrovirals to HIV infected people across the world, beginning on the African continent, by creating a donor base (crowd) of people giving only $10 a month!"
More details on this important new work are available at the indiegogo website that Change Crowd has developed to raise the initial seed money for the project. I hope you will check it out!
Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
"Not only do I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I base my life on it.” Brian McLaren Brian McLaren ...
-
In the wake of Mitt Romney's defeat and the historically low support he received from Hispanics it is high time that attention be gi...
-
I have blogged this morning at a different site about my love for Les Miserables the musical, and my growing appreciation for Les Mis...
-
Gary Tyra’s The Holy Spirit in Mission is an important book, successful in significant ways and even in its weaknesses an occasion for ...
-
News of Russia’s proposal to help eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons naturally brings out American suspicions about how gen...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I am stuck on how exactly to respond to the post by Frank Schaeffer about Christianity Today's Mark Galli and his review of ...
-
On the megabus to New York City I have had a chance to read from beginning to end the Catholic Bishops major new statement on religious f...
-
As long-time readers and friends will remember, last September I had the opportunity to participate in a marvelous gathering of Ev...
No comments:
Post a Comment