If you are looking for a good handle on the scandal(s)
surrounding the man who is to lead the upcoming conclave to elect the new pope,
Cardinal Sodano, without having to read a book or piece your way through
numerous articles then turn to the best article I have found, a May 2011 story from
the fiercely conservative Catholic World Report
(CWR). In this article you will find an excellent summary of the extraordinary
efforts of the reporter Jason Berry whose work I featured in a recent post. The
article also has analysis from Jody Bottum, whose work I also featured recently. As you read the article realize that CWR is among the most
conservative Catholic periodicals in the English language and known for their
steadfast support of Pope Benedict’s teachings as pope and as Cardinal
Ratzinger. CWR’s detailed account of Sodano’s participation in numerous
scandals makes their conclusion hard to argue with:Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
Gary Tyra’s The Holy Spirit in Mission is an important book, successful in significant ways and even in its weaknesses an occasion for ...
-
(PART TWO OF THIS POST IS HERE ) Christianity Today is out with an extraordinary cover story by Tim Stafford on Heidi Baker. Her story ...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I am so honored that to see that my essay for Books & Culture (B&C) is now up at their website for anyone, subscriber or not, to...
-
My essay in Books and Culture reviewing the book The Permanent Revolution has resulted in a number of letters to the editor of the ...
-
Eric Metaxas is not alone on the Right in his invocation of extreme historical metaphors to define President Obama's actions on religi...
-
In correspondence with someone who has met Heidi Baker and read her works I learned that she is apparently a fan of Mother Teresa. This ad...
-
[PART TWO OF THIS POST HERE ] I recently wrote an article for Commonweal about the Bishops’ statement on religious freedom and its failur...
-
The staggering numbers surrounding AIDS in Africa can leave us numb and paralyzed to act, but a new program under development by my good fr...
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Full Scope of the Cardinal Sodano Scandal
If you are looking for a good handle on the scandal(s)
surrounding the man who is to lead the upcoming conclave to elect the new pope,
Cardinal Sodano, without having to read a book or piece your way through
numerous articles then turn to the best article I have found, a May 2011 story from
the fiercely conservative Catholic World Report
(CWR). In this article you will find an excellent summary of the extraordinary
efforts of the reporter Jason Berry whose work I featured in a recent post. The
article also has analysis from Jody Bottum, whose work I also featured recently. As you read the article realize that CWR is among the most
conservative Catholic periodicals in the English language and known for their
steadfast support of Pope Benedict’s teachings as pope and as Cardinal
Ratzinger. CWR’s detailed account of Sodano’s participation in numerous
scandals makes their conclusion hard to argue with:
Labels:
Papacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment