In addition to this blog, I am excited to be doing another
blog with my good friend Todd Thomas, pastor of Church in
Bethesda where my family attends. The idea of a new blog has been
growing in me for a while. I have been blogging alone at this Faith and Common Good site and been focused
on issues related to religion, politics and international affairs. While I have
enjoyed that work and plan to continue it, I have felt that I have other things
I need to say. I have begun to yearn for a new outlet where I could write in
community with a kindred spirit about topics that flow more directly from my
own experiences of grace, my own joys, my own loves. This seemed a good idea to Todd as well, and so
here we are--Live Your Loves! I hope you will check it out!
Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
Gary Tyra’s The Holy Spirit in Mission is an important book, successful in significant ways and even in its weaknesses an occasion for ...
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
"Not only do I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I base my life on it.” Brian McLaren Brian McLaren ...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I return now to a response I began last month to Alan Hirsch and Tim Catchim, coauthors of The Permanent Revolution . I wrote an essay f...
-
In the wake of Mitt Romney's defeat and the historically low support he received from Hispanics it is high time that attention be gi...
-
I have blogged this morning at a different site about my love for Les Miserables the musical, and my growing appreciation for Les Mis...
-
News of Russia’s proposal to help eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons naturally brings out American suspicions about how gen...
-
I'm not much into blogging lately, but a few quick thoughts prompted by the extraordinary news of the day concerning Pope Benedict's...
-
I am stuck on how exactly to respond to the post by Frank Schaeffer about Christianity Today's Mark Galli and his review of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment