I came across the data below today and I thought I would
share it. I certainly don’t claim any strong expertise in tax and economic
policy, but I have a fairly good “bologna detector” and when I hear people
claim with metaphysical certainty that any kind of increase in taxes on upper
income earners is bad for economic growth and job creation my detector goes
off. I always wonder how people who believe that explain the extraordinarily
high tax rates for upper income Americans during times of great economic growth
and high employment. Consider this data from the Congressional Research Service and the IRS and remember it the next time you here people speak with uncompromising certainty of the danger to job creation of higher income rates on the wealthiest among us:
Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
Gary Tyra’s The Holy Spirit in Mission is an important book, successful in significant ways and even in its weaknesses an occasion for ...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I am so honored that to see that my essay for Books & Culture (B&C) is now up at their website for anyone, subscriber or not, to...
-
My essay in Books and Culture reviewing the book The Permanent Revolution has resulted in a number of letters to the editor of the ...
-
The staggering numbers surrounding AIDS in Africa can leave us numb and paralyzed to act, but a new program under development by my good fr...
-
In correspondence with someone who has met Heidi Baker and read her works I learned that she is apparently a fan of Mother Teresa. This ad...
-
[PART TWO OF THIS POST HERE ] I recently wrote an article for Commonweal about the Bishops’ statement on religious freedom and its failur...
-
My earlier post on what I see as the serious historical amnesia present in the comments of many conservative evangelicals and Catholics...
-
Self-criticism and self-analysis is a sign of health for individuals and groups. Every person and movement is open to growth and prone to te...

This is a good article and offer some helpful information for me,thank you! MSM Group
ReplyDelete