Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
Gary Tyra’s The Holy Spirit in Mission is an important book, successful in significant ways and even in its weaknesses an occasion for ...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I am so honored that to see that my essay for Books & Culture (B&C) is now up at their website for anyone, subscriber or not, to...
-
My essay in Books and Culture reviewing the book The Permanent Revolution has resulted in a number of letters to the editor of the ...
-
The staggering numbers surrounding AIDS in Africa can leave us numb and paralyzed to act, but a new program under development by my good fr...
-
While I have been critical of the bishops’ statement on religious freedom because its narrow examples invite accusations of partisanship ...
-
In correspondence with someone who has met Heidi Baker and read her works I learned that she is apparently a fan of Mother Teresa. This ad...
-
[PART TWO OF THIS POST HERE ] I recently wrote an article for Commonweal about the Bishops’ statement on religious freedom and its failur...
-
My earlier post on what I see as the serious historical amnesia present in the comments of many conservative evangelicals and Catholics...
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Baker's Testimony in all its inspiration and controversy
Anyone who wonders why Heidi Baker is such an inspiration to so many people, and so hard to understand for other people, simply watch this video. The first ten minutes are totally focused on charity for the poor flowing from her Toronto Blessing, the second ten minutes on "apostolic anointing"and her claims to miraculous work for Mozambique. Both are there, both are her. Her ministry is deeply tied up in the Toronto Blessing, acts of charity, miraculous signs and beliefs about apostles. Reflecting on the meaning of this ministry and the veracity of her claims is a worthy endeavor whatever your final opinion might be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Matthew 7:16-23 (NASB)
ReplyDelete16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.
So Brandon, is that a strong endorsement as I presume ?
Delete