LaVonne Neff:
Talking about the global common good and religion's role in promoting it here and around the world.
Popular Posts
-
(PART TWO OF THIS POST IS HERE ) Christianity Today is out with an extraordinary cover story by Tim Stafford on Heidi Baker. Her story ...
-
My own life would be a lot simpler right now if I could come to a clear conclusion about Heidi Baker--either she is a Pentecostal Mother T...
-
I am no fan of Vladimir Putin and I have real questions about what is motivating his recent actions, but I have to say that these words from...
-
I have had the chance to listen intently and carefully to the whole interview Terry Gross did with C. Peter Wagner yesterday and these are ...
-
"Not only do I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I base my life on it.” Brian McLaren Brian McLaren ...
-
Reporting on religion for an internationally read service like the Associated Press must be an enormous challenge. Taking an issue of great ...
-
I'm not much into blogging lately, but a few quick thoughts prompted by the extraordinary news of the day concerning Pope Benedict's...
-
In their editorial criticizing the Catholic Bishops' new statement on religious freedom, Commonweal magazine made the following excellen...
-
I am engaged in a fascinating and frustrating dialogue at Christianity Today's website over this Heidi Baker story. The charge being mad...
-
“ I come in the name of Allah, Allah and the prophet Mohammad blah, blah, blah, pass the ammunition, all that good stuff”" Samuel Rodr...
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Abortion and the Obama Supporter
I get regularly challenged on how I can be a Obama supporter and claim to be pro-life. Just recently I had a prominent pro-life writer tell me I was “totally insane” to be pro-life and support Obama. I have been meaning to write a thoughtful piece on abortion and the Obama supporter, but I have not been able to get it done. I do mention pro-life issues regularly in the blog, but I have not been able to write the kind of piece I think is needed. But I do want to suggest a few articles from LaVonne Neff on these issues. They are written in the general spirit and view that I have on these questions. I also want to commend a lengthy series of three pieces published in Commonweal under the title “Can We Talk About Abortion?” and highlight the group Democrats for Life.
Labels:
abortion,
Democratic Party,
Obama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment